Kenny Dail wrote:

Adrian Barker wrote:
Thanks for replying. We cannot easily change the way we deliver email,
as we have over 30,000 users, who use a mixture of imap, pop and Unix
email clients, so we have to continue to deliver email to a central mail
spool. The MTA that we run is Exim, which has the flexibility to deliver
into the 'Inbox', but we need to remain compatible with non-IMAP mailers.

This is not clear at all, why does the number of users effect the
delivery method? What mailbox format are you using?

I believe Adrian is saying that only some of his 30,000 clients use
IMAP and he does not want to break existing behaviour for those using
Unix command line clients.

--
Jonathan