Hello
i will try the tips from alan too

You're making it difficult to try to help, by not answering the questions or providing requested information...
I did, sorry i hope so

Again - was that config output you provided the FULL output of dovecot -n? It looked incomplete to me...

b.) the output from -n, in mails before was the complete output here again the complete output of -n
protocols: pops pop3s
ssl_listen: *:995
ssl_cert_file: /etc/mail/certs/wildcard/cert.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/mail/certs/wildcard/nopass.key
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/local/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
mail_location: mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/pop3
pop3_uidl_format: %08Xu%08Xv
auth default:
 passdb:
   driver: shadow
   args: /etc/shadow
 userdb:
   driver: passwd

c.) the system where 0.99 was running was nother server (Cent OS), i didnt upgrade there 2 different servers.
on 0.99 the env is: default_mail_env = mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u

d.) I know that: mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u:INDEX:/var/indexes/%u
dont seems correct for you, but i dont work with directorys
i get the emails if the mbox files are there !
only if the file are not here he trys to make a directory instead of the file.
If the file is there he gets e-mails from.
Example: mails in /var/spool/mail/test (file) > works fine
no /var/spool/mail/test file here, when user test logins > dovecote creaetes a directory called test in /var/spool/mail/test where new messages then arrives

At this e-mail server the mails are gone to a file (mbox file) called like the username in /var/spool/mail So all works fine if he wouldnt, make a directory instead of a "file" when file is not there

sorry i know its hard cause my english is &&&...i try to give out the information i have.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Marcus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 3:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] question mailbox format

You're making it difficult to try to help, by not answering the questions or providing requested information...

Again - was that config output you provided the FULL output of dovecot -n? It looked incomplete to me...

Also, you only provided one line from a log... and it said 'permission denied' - this should tell you something... but it is hard to tell what because you only provided one line of the log...

With Version 0.99, on nother dist. all works fine with same settings

You do realize that the config file for 1.0 is DIFFERENT than 0.99...

And you never mentioned that you had UPGRADED from an earlier version - this is helpful to know...

Did you read http://wiki.dovecot.org/UpgradingDovecot ?