The day I switch our user to dovecot and it goes into production, there will be a few thousand people all generating their indices for the first time (we have a legacy requirement for procmail, at least for now), so I wondered:
1) Is there is anyway to pre-emptively force indexing?
2) Is there any value in doing so? That is, will I gain much in terms of making the first time everyone connects to dovecot quicker (not that big initial wait)?

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources Center of Bard College, Annandale-on-Hudson, New York 12504 [EMAIL PROTECTED] voice: 845-758-7475, fax: 845-758-7035