Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 12:33 -0500, Rick Romero wrote:
I upgraded a 1.0 install to 1.1b3. Almost everything is working peachy-keen :) It seems faster to me, Offline Folders and 'new mail' options for Thunderbird are now working, and Mail.App doesn't seem to need the extra namespace. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to read my quotas any longer.

I went through the docs, and I see the quota plugin has changed, but there doesn't seem to be a needed configuration change. Did I miss something?

The configuration is completely different now. See
http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/New

Ok, so looking a little deeper it would probably be best for me to change from passdb checkpassword to vpopmail, so I remove:
passdb checkpassword {
       args = /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
   }
   userdb prefetch {
   }

and add:

passdb vpopmail {
   # [cache_key=<key>] - See cache_key in PAM for explanation.
   # [quota_template=<template>] - %q expands to Maildir++ quota
   #   (eg. quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q)
   #args =
   quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q

}
userdb vpopmail {
}

And dovecot -n says:
Error: Error in configuration file /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf line 871: Unknown setting: quota_template
Fatal: Invalid configuration in /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf

I've tried putting quota_template outside the brackets, I've tried putting just:
quota_rule=*:backend=%q
in the plugin section to no avail :(

I also can't get vpopmail auth to work at all - but I consider that a config error on my end at this point ;)