Bazy, on 1/22/2008 5:09 AM, said the following:
We have a user that is using Thunderbird on Windows to read
mail over IMAP and it works ok, except for downloading mail
with "large" attachment.. When opening a mail with a
attachment with a size of 14-15MB, TB downloads the
attachment seemingly ok, but TB stops when reaching 99%.
After TB has stopped, if the user tries to select another
mail, TB just hangs and it has to be closed and started again
to work again... I have checked the dovecot log, but I can't
find anything there... We have also tried to create a log in
TB but everything looks ok there also...

Is there a known problem with TB and "large" attachment or
does anyone know how to fix this, if possible?

v1.0.8 fixed this for maildir, v1.0.9 for mbox.

We are still having this problem..... (running v1.0.9)

Did v1.0.10 fix it?

It's not a dovecot issue, TB does that, try downloading atachaments
with Sylpheed or with a webmail client.

Balderdash.

We use TBird on all 55+ machines in our office, and regularly deal with large attachments - some as large as 50MB...

Of course, there is the *occasional* issue where someone tries to open an attachment before the message is finished downloading - this can confuse TBird (and probably other clients), and you have to force TBird to redownload it again (by deleting the local cache - or by forwarding it to yourself as an attachment)...

But this is a USER issue - tell your users not to try to open the attachment before TBird is finished downloading it (the status bar is finished).

--

Best regards,

Charles