Good day.

  I am trying to build a rather weird setup. The basic idea is to have a
relatively simple IMAP client and let dovecot do the actual connections.
So far both the documentation and my trials on this front have been
rather fruitless.

  The desired components:

  - 1 dovecot server, acting as a proxy
  - 1 master account
  - 1 client connection
  - 0 "real" user accounts, so no local mail storage at all
  - N real accounts, spread over different domains
  - mails from different remote accounts combined to the single client
connection
  - outgoing server for mails selected by the address of the remote account

  Since the proxy setup can use [EMAIL PROTECTED] as destination user, it
would appear that the setup is not impossible. Hence my two questions:

  1) Is it possible?
  2) If yes, how in the name of all that is good and holy do I configure
that?

  And believe me, I am fully aware that for most setups a full-featured
client or fetchmail would be the easier path.

  Thank you for any and all help in advance,

--
 Mika Boström / [EMAIL PROTECTED]