On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:22 AM, Tom Collins wrote:
I just upgraded a server from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot, and I'm seeing some odd behavior. It's probably the result of something I did wrong in my configuration, and I'm hoping someone will let me know the easy fix for it.

I have rules set up in Apple Mail to move and copy messages to different folders, some of which are IMAP folders, others on my own system. With Courier-IMAP, the messages would get moved without a problem. With dovecot, that's not happening.

Turns out it was an issue with Apple Mail. I hadn't run the courier- to-dovecot migration tool before testing Dovecot on my system, so it lost the subscribed mailboxes. I got them back, but Apple Mail's rules that pointed to the old mailboxes were causing the problem.

As soon as I updated the rules in Apple Mail, everything started working normally again.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vpopmail - virtual domains for qmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/