Can dovecot-1.1 deliver work with static userdb? I'm currently running dovecot-1.0.12 and postfix-2.4.6, with virtual users' maildirs all owned by vmail and mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%Lu. The following definition of the dovecot transport in postfix/master.conf works fine with dovecot-1.0:

dovecot         unix    -       n       n       -       1       pipe
     flags=DRh user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver \
     -d [EMAIL PROTECTED] -n -m ${extension}

Note that I'm not using postfix pipe's "u" flag, since that lowercases everything to the left of "@", including the extension, and we need the extension to be case sensitive. Dovecot is configured with static userdb and args = user=%Lu uid=206 gid=206 home=/var/mailhomes/%Lu, which takes care of making sure the username is lowercase. All of this has been working fine for some time with dovecot-1.0.

After upgrading to 1.1_rc2, however, deliver creates a maildir named "%Lu" and delivers all mail for all users to it. Everything else works just fine as before: users can log in, postfix can auth smtp via dovecot sasl, etc.

I've tried invoking deliver with -k, adding "mail=maildir:/var/mail/%Lu" to the end of the userdb args, and checked file permissions on the auth sockets, maildirs, and virtual homes. Rolling back to 1.0.12 is the only way I can get deliver to behave as expected.

What changed between 1.0 and 1.1 in the way deliver does userdb lookups or how dovecot auth serves to it that could cause this? Does anyone here here have a similar config working with 1.1? Has anyone else observed similar behavior?

Thanks,
Andrew