On Mar 11, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Andy Dills wrote:

We recently switched to atmail, as well as dovecot. I noticed in atmail
the size of the mailboxes was always reported as 0kb.

So, I did some debugging, and it boiled down to the fact that the regular expression used by dovecot expected UID before SIZE, but Dovecot returned SIZE before UID. No biggy, I changed the regex, but I was curious if there
was a standard.

The fields in FETCH reply can be in any order.

Here's the diff I implemented to make it work:
http://www.xecu.net/atmail/dovecot_sizes.diff

So...is this something that is standard or something atmail needs to
handle by making their regex more dynamic?

IMAP protocol can't be parsed correctly with just regular expressions..

But since there are a lot of bad IMAP client implementations, I suppose I could make UID FETCH put the UID before other fields: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/5b18c2ff2e2d