On 08-03-18 18.34, Alex wrote:
And it is really work. But for probable future option, I think, it is would be wrong way. Because this solution limit user _logins_, not connections. So, just for example, I could make very much connections to server and go to end up dovecot connection pool or, if I miss something here, system resources like max_files, max_sockets and so on. IMHO, more truly solution is limit connections, and check it _before_ login procedure. I understand, that can happen in this case also. But why we will waste our resources to check login/pass, make redundant query to myssql/pgsql/sqlite and so on? What are you think about that? Comments are very welcome.

I would personally use the operating systems firewall software for this. Seems redundant that every piece of software accepting connections should duplicate the functionality of a firewall.

/Johan