On 4/1/2008, Ed W ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
I guess it will drawn groans, but this is largely the reason that I chose Gentoo for my server distros.

No groan here... I love the flexibility Gentoo gives... you can easily leave the primary system at 'stable', then just set certain packages to unstable for the latest/greatest.

My servers have been running nonstop for over 3 years, with just a few minor hiccups now and then that are quickly resolved by digging through logs and/or hitting google and/or the forums...

To be fair, most distros *do* have the ability to use extra 'unstable' repos, at least for most major packages, and if I wasn't using Gentoo, I would at *least* be using those...

--

Best regards,

Charles