On Apr 3, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Michal Soltys wrote:

dovecot will try to chroot into /home/home/admin with the following message in logs, in my case:

Fatal: chdir(/home/home/admin) failed with uid 1999: No such file or
directory

The same happens if I use per-user chroot= option in userdb, f.e. in passwd-file

Right. If you use mail_chroot or chroot, the home directory points under the chroot. I guess it might be also useful for it not to do that, but I can't change that without breaking backwards compatibility, and I'm not sure if it's worth it to add yet another setting just for that.