On Thu, 22 May 2008, Ben Budts wrote:

Hi there,

I use dovecot-1.1-rc4, got imap, imaps, pop3 & pop3s working fine with the mbox
format.

I use sendmail-8.14.2 as an MTA, sendmail uses procmail as an LDA.

Does it run it as the user in question, or as root?

I migrated to maildir format now, and pipe all my mail to deliver right now to
be able to make use of the indexing etc...
Problem is I run into some errors :

#My .procmailrc
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin
SHELL="/bin/bash"

SENDMAIL="sendmail -oi -t"
DELIVER="/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver"

LOGFILE="$HOME/procmail.log" #/dev/null
VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT = "all"

#DEFAULT="$HOME/Maildir/"
#MAILDIR="$HOME/Maildir/"

:0 w
| $DELIVER
#####

Is that /etc/procmailrc or .procmailrc? If it's /etc/procmailrc, add this to the start:

DROPPRIVS=YES

And remove that setuid stuff from deliver, I'd say. (These are local UNIX users, right?)

-- Asheesh.

--
QOTD:
        "What I like most about myself is that I'm so understanding