Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 14:57 -0400, Adam McDougall wrote:
A user alerted me to a problem when he renamed an upper level mail folder and lost access to a lower level folder under it.

I tried with and without listescape, it didn't seem to make a difference, and I saw no errors in the dovecot log.

It should have worked properly without listescape (and worked in my
tests). Fixed listescape:
http://dovecot.org/patches/1.1/listescape-plugin.c

The way it should work is:

 - Dovecot should rename all child mailboxes
 - Dovecot shouldn't touch subscriptions

Yes thanks it works now! I accidentally didn't test without listescape as I claimed, it was still enabled by accident.

Come to think of it, this might affect moving folder trees to Trash and expunging it? I think I had one user report problems a few weeks ago, and a co-worker just cleaned it up manually on the back end. I didn't get a chance to inspect closely.