Timo Sirainen schrieb am 21.07.2008 02:03:
But most people haven't needed it, so it would be unnecessary extra
checks for them. Wonder if it'd be better to just let them have the
extra check or add a configuration option..

I'm also a bit worried that if this check was always done it would break
some existing setup where the check doesn't work correctly for some
reason.

I see the point :-)

./src/plugins/quota/quota.c:

Looking over the new function 'quota_root_is_visible' let's me think, that Grandy Fu's original solution (*) should work then, because 'noenforcing' does cover not only quota checking but also quota root reporting. So 'noenforcing' is then just an alias for 'hidden'.
Right?

So the meaning will change from
  dovecot-1.1.1: 'noenforcing' => report, but don't enforce
  dovecot-1.1.2: 'noenforcing' => don't report and don't enforce

Or do I miss something?

(*)
 plugin {
   quota  = fs:INBOX:mount=/var/mail
   quota2  = fs:home:noenforcing:mount=/home/h1
 }

  Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Ralf Becker     Rechenzentrum (r/ft) der FH Trier
  (Network|Mail|Web|Firewall)           University of applied sciences
  Administrator                           Schneidershof, D-54293 Trier

    Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    Fon: +49 651 8103 499
     Web: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr        Fax: +49 651 8103 214
  PubKey: http://www.fh-trier.de/~beckerr     Crypto: GnuPG, S/MIME

  Wenn Gott gewollt haette, dass E-Mail in HTML geschrieben wuerden,
  endeten Gebete traditionell mit </amen>. (Tom Listen)