On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 10:06 -0600, kbajwa wrote:

> (2) status=bounced (local configuration error. Command output: Fatal:
> open(/etc/dovecot.conf) failed: Permission denied )

So you're using multiple UIDs for users? Possible solutions:

a) Make dovecot.conf world-readable (Is there really something secret in
it? ssl_key_password is the only one I can think of.)

b) Use virtual users with a single UID and make dovecot.conf owned by
that UID.

c) Make deliver setgid-mail and change dovecot.conf group to mail.