Hi Jens,

Ive got the same problem with you. The expire plugin not work. Nothing happened even I delete email from a mail client.
And the expire table on mysql never updated.

Thanks,
Dino

Jens Meyer wrote:
Hello Eric,

thank you very much for your prompt and helpful reply!

The connect seem to work fine now.

Please allow me two additional questions:
Is it correct that this database-table is only a "caching-table" which is empty at first and will be filled later? It is not necessary to adapt the SQL-statement to my user-configuration, is it?!

Is it necessary to reference the foldernames with "INBOX.Trash" or only "Trash"? For Sieve I have to use "INBOX.Trash".

Actually nothing happens when trying the plugin with "dovecot --exec-mail ext /usr/libexec/dovecot/expire-tool --test".

Thank you again,
kind regards!

    Jens

Eric Toczek schrieb:
Jens Meyer wrote:
Unfortunately I have problems with the dictionary:
-->
dovecot: Aug 05 13:30:25 Error: dict: Unknown dict module: db
dovecot: Aug 05 13:30:25 Error: dict: Failed to initialize dictionary
'expire'

Looking at the rpm it doesn't look like it has bdb support built in. But
it sounds like you want to use Mysql so that's alright.

Are there any further tipps how to use the expire-plugin with
mysql-connection (i.e. database-scheme, SQL-Select)?
You will need to setup your configuration like this:

dovecot.conf:

dict {
  expiredict = mysql:/opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot-dict-expire.conf
}

plugin {
expire = Trash 7 Trash/* 7 Spam 3 Junk 3
expire_dict = proxy::expiredict
}

dovecot-dict-expire.conf:
table = expire
select_field = timestamp
where_field = path
username_field = username

Then you'll want to create the table like so:
create table expire( username varchar(255) not null, path varchar(100)
not null, timestamp integer, primary key (username, path))engine=innodb;

That should work for you. Of course enter in  your correct config
location and your specific expire settings.

-Eric