Hi all,

I have a dovecot setup with virtual users and a passwd-file passdb. All users have the same uid and gid. Recently I got my public folders working using namespaces and they work great. However, now I'm trying to share a folder between a limited number of users and so far I failed to get it working. Symlinks aren't an option because users need to be able to create subfolders of the shared folder so I'm trying to do it with namespaces but I'm not sure how to restrict access to a limited number of users.

I tried doing it with groups. I made sure that the shared folder's group is set to 'staff' and the mode is 070, I also changed the group of a few virtual users to 'staff'. However, when I try accessing the shared folder I get a permission denied error (although the user is in the staff group).

Can someone please recommend the best way to do this? Should I look into ACL's?

Many thanks,

Andrew.