Hi,

Is there an IMAP performance difference using Maildir between using version 3 and version 1 of the dovecot-uidlist (either dovecot 1.0.7 or 1.1.2)? It isn't entirely clear to me there is any difference as the filename may contain the size/vsize information. The servers will eventually be running 1.1.2 with the maildir_copy_preserve_filename turned on.

I'm doing a batch migration from courier to dovecot 1.0.7 and eventually dovecot 1.1.2. These servers are, and will continue to be, IMAP only (i.e. dedicated control/dovecot-uidlist files). The migration script is run once - no build on the fly. It does a readdir() to get the full filenames and make sure that list entries are only for existing files. As a result, there is almost complete freedom in the output format for the dovecot-uidlist.

Many thanks in advance!

---Jack

P.S. For better or worse, it does seem that once you are stuck with whatever initial version you choose.

--
Jack Stewart
IMSS, California Institute of Technology,