Darren Platt wrote:
I'd happily switched to a real cert if I knew that this was the problem. Are you using the cert actually on the phone to validate its identity? I have the org unit set slightly differently on my fake CA and the phone to make netscape derived browsers happy. The trouble is that I'm not getting a useful enough error message from anyone to diagnose problem. I have also considered putting my fake CA cert on the phone to see if that would make it happier,

Sorry - I don't have an iPhone - however, some of the super cheap providers are like near single digit dollars a year for a cert so it's not too expensive to run a test

Ed W