On Oct 25, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
Hi folks.  I'm experimenting with the Squat plugin.  I can execute
search commands via direct interaction with IMAP, but I never see the
expected dovecot.index.search index file appear in the spool.  I'm
concerned that I've misconfigured something that is preventing the
creation of those indices.  Is there a facility to have the squat
plugin generate debugging messages so I can see what it's doing?

1. Set mail_debug=yes. It should log about loading fts and fts_squat
plugins.

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I will do that either tonight or tomorrow.

2. Do you have fts=squat set in plugin section?

  Yes I do.

And while I'm typing...Thank you SO MUCH for Dovecot! You have, quite literally, significantly advanced the state of the art in email handling. This is Good Stuff.

        Thanks,
        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire