Edgar Fuß schreef:
Oh yes sorry, indeed ./configure generates dovecot-config.in from dovecot-config.in.in (been a while since I looked at this). Upon executing 'make' it is transformed into the definitive dovecot-config using the following make rule (Makefile.am in top Dovecot source dir):
Yes, after (pkgsrc) make build it's there.

For compilation of these tools and the testsuite, the fully built sources
are needed because the Dovecot static libraries are linked
But these are all in .../lib/dovecot (/usr/pkg/lib/dovecot, in my case),
aren't they?
Normally, the Dovecot libraries are not installed (just compiled in to the various executables). Unless something was changed in the Makefile structure, that is still the case at your end. But, I have no experience with BSD or pkgsrc whatsoever, so I really wouldn't know for sure.

If you care only for the Sieve plugin, this should not not matter.
I'm mostly after the plugin.

BTW, I am wondering: did you do exactly the same for the old cmusieve before? And you didn't encounter any problems?
With cmusieve, $dovecotdir pointed to .../lib/dovecot, not the source tree.
I have re-enabled the support for compiling dovecot-libsieve against Dovecot headers:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-libsieve/rev/36e00217bdd2

From what I've understood from you thus far, this should give you the ability to compile it again as you did before with cmusieve.

Regards,

--