Hi,

is there a *simple* HOWTO that explains a simple postfix+dovecot setup? Up to now, I used postfix+cyrus, worked fine. But I do not get postfix+dovecot to work. Currently, all emails go to /dev/null.

What really would help me is a dovecot lmtp server. Is there any?

Regards
Olaf

postfix main.cf:

# -- delivery options
#
local_recipient_maps =
virtual_alias_maps = btree:/etc/postfix/virtual
alias_maps = btree:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_database = btree:/etc/postfix/aliases
# mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
mailbox_transport = dovecot

postfix master.cf:

dovecot         unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -d ${recipient}

dovecot.conf:

mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%u
namespace private {
   separator = '/'
   inbox = yes
}

auth default {
  mechanisms = cram-md5 plain
  verbose = yes
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /etc/dovecot/passwd
  }
  userdb static {
    args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/vmail/%u
  }
  socket listen {
    client {
      # Assuming the default Postfix $queue_directory setting
      path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode = 0660
      # Assuming the default Postfix user and group
      user = postfix
      group = postfix
    }
  }