On Jan 4, 2009, at 12:33 AM, JANE CUA wrote:

I am working on upgrading our current squirrelmail and replace uw- imap with dovecot. I have what looks like a successful installation. My current setup is:
Centos 5.2
sendmail 8.13.8
dovecot 1.1.17 (imap)
squirrelmail 1.4.17

I can send and receive email fine. However when I try to delete an email in my Inbox, it doesn't get deleted. It only sends a copy to the Trash folder. But the email is still in the Inbox. I can purge and delete the contents in my Trash and Sent folder, no problem. I am not sure if this is a Squirrelmail issue or a Dovecot issue. Please advice. Thank you -- Jane

Is this with mbox? Have you looked at the logs if there are error mesages (http://wiki.dovecot.org/Logging)? Sounds like INBOX is read- only because it can't create a dotlock file to /var/mail. http://wiki.dovecot.org/MailboxFormat/mbox