On Jan 26, 2009, at 7:49 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
v1.1.9 wasn't such a great release. Once again: Would be great if
someone started a proper testing suite so releases could be tested..

what you mean with testing suite exactly ?
some code stuff or a bunch of different testing servers in i.e vmware etc?

Something automated. There are several different testing possibilities actually. Unit tests is one thing. Another would be something which actually started Dovecot using different configurations and then ran my imaptest tool against all the configurations. Whenever a bug is found in some specific configuration, a test will be added that catches it if it happens again. So I guess that would be regression testing.