Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:21 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:

Is there a way to return a per user dirsize quota from a passdb sql
lookup? If so, what is the syntax?

Yes, but only if you use prefetch userdb. Do you? If not, you'll need to return it from userdb.

So, prefetch userdb is all or none. My userdb is currently /etc/passwd to keep sendmail and other legacy stuff happy. I used fs quota, but am now moving INBOX to a different (faster) partition, which breaks fs quota reporting in things like squirrelmail.
Dovecot is 1.0.5
What would you suggest?
Thanks,
Ken

maybe "select quota as userdb_quota"?

..and in mysql table, quota column would be:
"quota=dirsize:storage=10240" ?

"dirsize:storage=10240" actuall. Or more easily keep the quota number in SQL and use:

select concat('dirsize:storage=', quota) as userdb_quota

I'm using mbox, with /etc/passwd userdb, and mysql passdb.

What Dovecot version?