I'd like to give the dbox format a try, but I could not find any information on
how to enable it. There's information on how to set mail_location for the
Maildir and mbox formats in the wiki and also in the commented configuration
file, but how to set it for dbox is strangely missing. I took a guess with
'mail_location = dbox:~/dbox', but that didn't work, so it's probably not the
right way.

Also, the version of Dovecot that Debian installed was 1.0.15, which is kinda
old. Should there any serious reasons why I should manually install a newer
version if I'm going to use dbox?
Deutschlands größte Online-Videothek schenkt Ihnen 12.000 Videos!*
http://entertainment.web.de/de/entertainment/maxdome/index.html