dove...@segel.com wrote:
Hi,

Here's the scenario.

I want to set up a mailbox so that when mail sent to the address is piped to
a processing application, instead of going to a mailbox.

One way I can do this is to set up a mailbox and then have an application
that checks to see if there's mail and then processes it.
(Old school Unix script)

Is there a way to set it up with dovecot? (Cleaner solution)

Thx

-Mike

I am sure this can be done with sieve but I am starting to learn it now ....

With procmail it's just trivial ....
After making sure it is a mail destined to your application, you just pipe it there

# Last delivering recepie after spam cheks etc ....
:0
| /path/to/my/processing/application You might also have a look at ripmime ( rips mime attachements from a mail ) ...
so you can combine all ....

Cheers
Harry.