Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Mar 26, 2009, at 1:00 PM, David Halik wrote:

Any thoughts on this Timo? Just wondering if you were able to reproduce the problem and saw the same behavior. We can look into it more if need be, but since I can replicate it on both Fedora and Solaris, I'm guessing it's a fundamental bug with how certain malformed emails are searched.

Interesting that the only two people who reported this were running on Solaris. Anyway, fixed:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/a2013dedbad0

In my case the error occured only sometimes. I made several tests with the
patch applied and the errror seems to be gone.

Thanks.
Martin

I suppose that could be thought of as a DoS attack, but since it requires user to search messages and have a very special kind of email, and by default imap process size is limited to 256 MB, I don't think I'll bother releasing v1.1.14 because of it.

Martin Preen, Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik
Georges-Koehler-Allee 52, Raum 00-006, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

phone: ++49 761 203-8250      pr...@informatik.uni-freiburg.de
fax: ++49 761 203-8242        www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de