Tere.
On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 21:39 +0300, Mart Pirita wrote:
250-AUTH PLAIN
250-AUTH=PLAIN

You're missing LOGIN here, which is required by some MS clients
(although I thought Outlook belonged to that category too).

Yes, I noticed that too, as same test with cyrus-sasl shows:

250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN

But I have enabled login in dovecot.conf:

# Postfix - suggested configuration taken from SASL_README (2.3.2). mechanisms = plain login socket listen { client { path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth mode = 0660 user = postfix group = postfix } } So something is still broken, but what? How can I make Doveco SASL advertise auth login too?

--
Mart