Pascal Volk schrieb:
On 07/13/2009 10:06 AM M. Bobkiewicz wrote:
Hi,
I?m facing here a wierd problem: We have a vacation messaging system using sieve. When activated the system forwards incomming messages to a given address and sents an out of office reply to the sender. This works like a charm when the mail is addressed to mail...@domain. When the incomming mail ist addressed to alias.to.mail...@domain the mail is delivered to the mailbox, it is forwarded to the given reciepient but there is no auto reply going out to the sender! Our setup: CentOS 5.2 + postfix 2.5.6 + dovecot 1.1.11 with domain and accounts stored in a mysql database.
The script:

require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
redirect "mailb...@domain";
keep;
vacation
         :days 1
         :subject "Out of Office reply"
"
The auto reply text.

";

Any advice is welcome,

You have to add the alias addresses to the :addresses list. For example:

    require ["fileinto", "vacation"];
    redirect "mailb...@domain";
    keep;
    vacation
         :days 1
         :subject "Out of Office reply"
         :addresses ["1st.al...@domain", "2nd.al...@domain"]
    "
    The auto reply text.

    ";

See also: <http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve#Vacation_auto-reply-1>

First of all thanks for the hint, it works. Second, nice to see the discussion, we did have the same here at my location when I told my boss about the reason for the error...

Regards,

  Mike