On Jul 31, 2009, at 4:47 AM, Thomas Hummel wrote:

and the result is that opening a message from
list opens a completely different mail)

That I don't get since, even if UIDALIDITY change, and even if new messages arrive in the mailbox between dovecot-uidlist erasement and recreation, since INTERNAL DATE is not supposed to change, same messages will get same UIDs won't
they ? At least, that's what happens in my tests.

Did you try expunging messages? For example if you have mails with UIDs 1, 2, 5 and 10 and you delete dovecot-uidlist and dovecot.index*, Dovecot gives them UIDs 1, 2, 3, 4.