On Aug 21, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Jonathan Siegle wrote:

On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:09 AM, Stephan Bosch wrote:

Jonathan Siegle wrote:
Am building sieve plugin on AIX. This is revision 1095:8010f1eb66b3. I see the following error when doing the build:
rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax^M
rm -fr .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
mkdir .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a^M
(cd .libs/lib90_sieve_plugin.lax/libsieve.a && ar x /usr/sadmin/ src/imapservers/dovecothg/dovecot-1.2-sievepsu/src/plugins/lda-si eve/../../../src/lib-sieve/.libs/libsieve.a)^M libtool: link: warning: object name conflicts; renaming object files^M
libtool: link: warning: to ensure that they will not overwrite^M
Usage: uniq [-c | -d | -u] [-f Fields] [-s Chars] [-Fields] [+Chars] [Input_file [Output_file]]^M I think this is the crux of my missing notify_operation token I reported the other day. I can solve the uniq -cd problem. I don't know what libtool is trying to do there.
I am wondering why it breaks specifically on the notify command and opcode structs. All other extensions are defined identically and should show the same symptoms. Maybe there is a subtle difference somewhere that triggers this problem on AIX. I'll have a look, but I won't be able to reproduce anything.

Timo also may have an idea. He'll be back some time next week.

I'm closing in on the problem. uniq/sort on AIX are different than GNU uniq/sort. I've built gnu coreutils and am using that. ar is also different in that it won't remove duplicate symbols. I'll get it figured out and report back, but any tips are appreciated.

-Jonathan

Ok I got it work. I just need to figure out long term. The issue is why I must use GNU ar vs AIX ar when building lib90_sieve_plugin.so, but AIX ar and not GNU ar when building libsieve.a. Plus it would be nice if GNU sort/uniq had different flags than AIX sort/uniq, but I don't see that happening..

-Jonathan