On 21.09.2009 8:07, Charles Sprickman wrote:
They've been using Thunderbird for some time and I'm finding the
following issues there:

-searches across 2GB+ of mail are painfully slow, since it's all
server-side

TB3 does solve this problem with gloda, which index everything locally.
-while the inbox is checked regularly and automatically, other folders
are not unless the user manually checks them. getting tbird to do this
involves a fairly non-intuitive process, and there's also the issue of
making sure everyone actually adds the folders they need to watch

TB3 by default doing this if I not mistaken. (I've changed lot things in my config when was on 2.0)

-the client does not deal well with large amounts of mail in general -
some operations give no feedback, like expanding large sub-folders or
doing large copy/move operations.
Activity manager in TB3 should help.

app and starting the whole process again. dovecot deals with this more
gracefully than the old server (Courier), but it's still an issue
-offline operation would be handy sometimes, but tbird has no "hybrid"
mode, and again, one must select every folder for offline access

TB3 have offline mode enabled by default. What is hybrid mode?