Ever since Columbus day things have been strange with my two dovecot servers, according to my Blackberry users.

We do not have a BES just the standard BIS that comes with a personal account.

Several people have told me that since that Monday that they get occasional duplicate copies of messages which only appear singularly in their Maildir inboxes.

I myself even called VZW and got transferred to RIM themselves where they 'reset' my account; (same as me going into the BIS server and deleting and adding again) only to have the same thing happen; again occasionally..

Below is relevant dovecot info..

-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  164064 Oct  1 17:16 /usr/local/sbin/dovecot

(date it was built; prior to any problems.. *whew*) ;)

     1  # 1.2.4: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
     2  # OS: FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE-p3 i386
3 ssl_cert_file: /usr/local/etc/lighttpd/ssl/mail.poughkeepsieschools.org.pem 4 ssl_key_file: /usr/local/etc/lighttpd/ssl/mail.poughkeepsieschools.org.pem
     5  disable_plaintext_auth: no
     6  verbose_ssl: yes
     7  login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
     8  login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
     9  login_greeting: mail.poughkeepsieschools.org OK
    10  first_valid_uid: 89
    11  last_valid_uid: 89
    12  first_valid_gid: 89
    13  last_valid_gid: 89
    14  maildir_copy_preserve_filename: yes
    15  mail_plugins: quota imap_quota
16 imap_client_workarounds: delay-newmail outlook-idle tb-extra-mailbox-sep
    17  auth default:
    18    mechanisms: plain login
    19    user: vpopmail
    20    passdb:
    21      driver: vpopmail
    22    userdb:
    23      driver: vpopmail
    24    socket:
    25      type: listen
    26      client:
    27        path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
    29  plugin:
    30    quota: maildir:User quota
    31    expire: Trash 7 Spam 30

Now what does not show here is something that I put in that it looked like it was supposed to help but didn't..

mailbox_idle_check_interval = 30

after looking around at other people complaining about BIS and possible dovecot issues it seemed that that entry was the 'magic' the BIS was missing; except I never had it and never had troubles.

I'm assuming this is a BIS issue of some sort, but I can't tell.

After looking on the wiki I didn't see anything that says "BIS users look here for tips.. "

So I'm assuming there aren't any; I think it should just work with the IMAP server..

Any help would be appreciated as everyone thinks this is 'our problem' and "if we had an exchange server we wouldn't be having these problems.."

Thanks in advance..