On Nov 10, 2009, at 2:21 AM, Patrick Nagel wrote:

So it seems that neither EXPUNGE nor re-SELECT seems to have any "refreshing"
effect.

I'll see tomorrow if I can reproduce it.

Nikita Koshikov told me to "Try to add :INDEX=MEMORY to location setting".

After my tests above I tried that, and suddenly everything works as expected. It seems logical to have the index of a virtual folder in memory only, since it is generated dynamically anyway, and is outdated before it's even written to disk (at least without some configurable "virtual search result max age" parameter). So maybe the easiest solution is, to imply ':INDEX=MEMORY' when a
namespace location is a virtual folder?

Well, that also makes the performance somewhat bad. And UIDVALIDITY changes every time, so client's local caching won't work. And if client uses multiple connections to the same mailbox, it might get confused since each connection gets a different UIDVALIDITY.