Thanks Brian for pointing me in the right direction...got it!

Tony

Brian Hayden wrote:

On Dec 8, 2009, at 2:07 PM, Tony Rutherford wrote:

For migration possibilities, we're considering whether it's possible to have Dovecot run some users using standard Maildir format, while other users would be using filesystem (LAYOUT=fs) format? We could determine which one's users have, but is there a way to tell Dovecot this information, and is it even part of the Dovecot design to deal with this scenario?

I haven't tried 2.0, but in the 1.1 series we accomplished this by having a small C shim that ran on login and delivery, which checked a telltale sign (in our case, whether /var/mail/user was a real file or a symlink to ~/Maildir), and setting namespace environment variables based on that.

-Brian