Tobias wrote:
yes I would try with another MUA just to verify whether it's a MUA- or
server problem.

Well as I wrote, it will be hard, but I'll do it. Until I cannot, do you have any other idea?

Btw: No chance to persuade the user to use IMAP instead of POP3?

No there is no chance.

I had another thread here in the list (imap + TB + two Trash folders). Until I don't have a final user and client independent solution, I recommend imap for users. But this is not the biggest problem. The protocoll imap is not the same as using pop3+leave messages on server. He wants to use this scenario anyway as he did for many years with no problems.

Thank you,

tamas