Steffen Kaiser wrote:
Well, I know that the client knows it has *successfully* downloaded messages, but how does the server know? Just to sent down some
packets through the wire does not mean success.

Thanks,

I see... so the server knows nothing about the success or insuccess of retrieving messages. Only client knows, so only client may act.

In that case, the only possibility is to have some automatic script that periodically "cleans" the "cur" subdirectories, as you suggested.

However, not being a programmer at all, I'm far from being able to write an industrial-grade solution for this. ;-)

Best regards,
Răzvan