Em 9/3/2010 08:07, Charles Marcus escreveu:
???

You aren't listening. Storing *email* in mysql is a totally different
concept from storing USER DATA in mysql.

You do NOT have to switch to dbmail to change your config to start using
MySQL for managing your user accounts.

Personally, I would use either MySQL or PostgreSQL for managing my users
even if I only had 5. But imo, for 25 or more, doing it by hand is nuts.
For 500?????

Switch to MySQL for your user management, unless you just like
ridiculously busy work.

In fact, his original question makes me wonder what he is talking about, storing user info or user mailboxes on mysql. People understood storing mailboxes.

Anyway, a better solution to handle user account information than mysql is ldap (which I personally suggest) with pam. This can also handle all posix accounts, not just mail accounts, and thus improving consistence. I'd use that for any system with more than 3 accounts.

Best regards,

--
Marcio Merlone