Hi Timo,
thanks you for reply.
I'm pretty sure you are right. Quota recalculation based on Maildir++ standard is too I/O intensive for our system because we have lot of maildirs migrated from old system. Mail files are missing often size in filename so now I understand why so much stat calls.
Is there any script/util in dovecot to fix filenames?

Thank you.

Luca