On 10/09/2010 07:50, Edward avanti wrote:
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Timo Sirainen<t...@iki.fi>  wrote:

On 3.9.2010, at 7.00, Noel Butler wrote:

I do take exception to be told this issue can be fixed, but NFS users
are not worth it, which is essentially what he told us, I dare say if
this list was flooded by dovecot NFS users asking he'd quickly change
his mind, but as everyone here knows, there is only a few hundred
I never said I don't care about NFS users or think there aren't enough of
them. I guess I could have been a bit clearer:

I don't consider the number of users who want to use Dovecot LDA without
indexes to be worth the trouble to add extra complexity to maildir code.

Why to Maildir code,  is not easier to not call that part of code by command
line -switch to deliver simple method and would this no be beneficial to all
NFS user, not just the one who ask you.

Writing messages to Maildir(++) (without indexes) is so straightforward that systems tend to have support for that built-in.

Exim, Postfix, and Procmail have support for delivery to Maildir built-in.

If you just want a program which does simple deliveries to Maildir then you can use Procmail.

Bill