On 10/08/2010 03:30 PM, Ron Leach wrote:
Hugo Monteiro wrote:

Although i'm aware that version 1.0.15 is rather old, that's what is used in Lenny, so...

I expect you already know this, but Debian backports for Lenny does include version 1.2.13 for Dovecot

http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/i386/dovecot-common/download

On that page there are instructions - which I guess you already have - for adding the backport repositories to you software upgrade system.

If you were minded to download the files directly, you would need the POP and IMAP programs as well; I'd just use the synaptic system, myself.

<snip>

Hi Ron, I am aware of backports, yes. But this is not an option right now.

Besides upgrading, are there any suggestions?

Apologies for not being able to offer any 'real' help for your problem, but just I'd mention 1.2.13 on Debian in case it was helpful.

regards, Ron

I do appreciate your suggestion, but i will have to exclude almost any other possibilities before going the upgrade path.

Best regards,

Hugo Monteiro.

--
fct.unl.pt:~# cat .signature

Hugo Monteiro
Email    : hugo.monte...@fct.unl.pt
Telefone : +351 212948300 Ext.15307
Web      : http://hmonteiro.net

Divisão de Informática
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia da
                   Universidade Nova de Lisboa
Quinta da Torre   2829-516 Caparica   Portugal
Telefone: +351 212948596   Fax: +351 212948548
www.fct.unl.pt                ap...@fct.unl.pt

fct.unl.pt:~# _