On Monday, October 18 at 04:12 PM, quoth Jim Pazarena:
some over whelming need to update, and I would really like to know what this is

Mail folders containing both messages and sub-folders is what I/my clients desire.

I used Maildir++ layout with mboxes on dovecot 1.2.x. It wasn't documented in the wiki, but it supported the LAYOUT=Maildir++ option in mail_location just as well as dovecot 2.x does.

Give it a try!

~Kyle
--
The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday---but never jam today.
                                                      -- Lewis Carroll