On 10/27/2010 12:06 PM, Frank Bonnet wrote:

Le 27/10/2010 15:21, Donny Brooks a écrit :
On 10/27/2010 8:17 AM, dhottin...@harrisonburg.k12.va.us wrote:
Does anyone have clients using blackberrys to access their emails on a
dovecot server? If so are there any gotcha's that I need to configure
in dovecot for this to work? Looks like all emails go to and from a
blackberry server before getting to clients.

thanks,

ddh

If you are referring to using a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) then
I don't think it will work with dovecot. As far as I know BES only works
with Exchange and Novell groupwise. If you want to forward the emails to
a standard BIS account though that should work except replying to those
emails will come from the carrier network and not your own.

Donny B.

I think Blackberry servers are able to connect to Dovecot as many students here use Blackberry and I can see many connections from
RIM on my server , so I think there is some mechanisms to configure
Blackberry to fetch private emails.

Yes you are referring to standard BIS service. That is what any blackberry has when you get it from any carrier. There is a way to have it connect to a personal email account on an imap server. I actually have a dovecot/postfix server doing one of my domains email and have the email delivered to my berry. It just is not instantly pushed to the phone like it is with BIS/BES hosted emails.