Timo Sirainen wrote:
On 9.2.2011, at 9.37, da...@apollo.lv wrote:

existing version 1 config file, that allow such configuration:
-------- /etc/dovecot.conf BEGIN ----------------
server mail.domain1.tld {
I'm surprised that this server block really worked for you. I only remember
having problems with it, and that's why its existence is well hidden.
it's worked flawlessy for many years : firstly redhat distros, later all fedora versions. But in latest fedora distro are included v2.x branch ...
  In v2.0 the idea is anyway that you could do:

local mail.domain1.tld {
   ..
}
local mail.domain2.tld {
   ..
}

But this unfortunately doesn't currently work for auth settings.
i've seen - auth from many databases possible - but all in one block, ... as solution can create 2 variables that may be passed to auth process :
- 1 = local ip address , to which was connected client
- 2 = resolved ip address from 1
that variables must be possible to use in auth database "include file" definition similar to :
!include auth-ldap.conf.%IP
or
!include auth-ldap.conf.%IP_Resolved

_- another way _(possible that will be more easiest, and good enough for advanced configurations) = single variable that may be set in block of exact ip listener configuration , as for provided before example may set variable "auth_db_suffix" = string("dc=domain1,dc=tld") for definition "local mail.domain1.tld" and that variable are inserted in auth block via variable inserting mechanism ...

  I'll get around to doing it at some point.. There is actually probably one
horribly ugly way to make this already work, but it's so bad I don't really
even want to suggest it (involving creating duplicate service blocks for
different IPs and chrooting their processes to different dirs)..
that way (multiple instances of dovecot with full copy of all configuration files) i was doing, but not liked, so on each update of distro currently i'm recompiling and reinstalling 1.x version on all mine controlled servers (ppc+x86+x64) ...