On 02/10/2011 12:04 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 07:12 +0100, Frank Bonnet wrote:

We actually use MBOX format on our mailhub but this
does not permit to create IMAP subfolders.
It does, although it's less obvious how to do that with most clients.

My problem is to choose the format that will permit
imap subfolders creation.
Even mbox supports it, although the filesystem becomes a bit ugly:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MboxChildFolders

Maildir is not my favorite format and I wonder about
MDBOX.

Does it permit imap subfolders creation ?
Sure.

It is possible to convert from MBOX to MDBOX in one shot ?
You can run dsync one user at a time, and of course you can run it for
as many users as you want. I'd suggest switching a few users first to
make sure everything will work nicely.

Is it stable / mature enoug for a production server ( 4000 users ) ?
I hope so. :)

Thanks a lot Timo :-)

--

Frank BONNET

01.45.92.66.17

Service des Moyens Informatiques Generaux

ESIEE PARIS
Cité Descartes / BP 99
93162 NOISY-LE-GRAND Cedex
http://www.esiee.fr <http://www.esiee.fr/>