On Sun, 8 May 2011, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

On 5/8/2011 5:07 AM, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
So, if you're talking about a guest running inside a virtual machine then the setup is entirely different, and may vary depending on your underlying hypervisor and other factors.

Certainly I run ntpd on all my KVM-based virtual machines, since KVM provides each guest with a virtualized hardware clock. With Xen, this can also be done if using a Xen-enabled kernel in the guest, using the Xen independent wallclock. Otherwise you usually have to run ntpdate periodically through cron.

Steve