On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 20:57:36 +0100, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:

LOL. I'm not a fan of Centos but it's what we've got to play with here - We'll be running Debian (or possibly even Gentoo if I have my way...) on
the next load of servers and custom kernels aren't an issue.

/me misses stage one gentoo installs... :(

why ?, note stage3 problems in current gentoo is nearly solved now, and funtoo use rpms

but is have a openrc / baselayout 2.x where / is mounted 2 times in mtab seems to not accept ext4 and failback to ext2 in runtime :(

i consider this a gentoo bug, but devs have another appinion :/

to not be completely offtopic, will dovecot 2.x support dovecot -n > new-config.conf so its easy to migrade over when time comes ?