On 8/1/2011 8:01 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
On 8/2/2011 1:55 AM, Chris Cappuccio wrote:

Are there any decent front-ends to setup/manage per-user sieve filters?

There are several, but so far I am not too impressed by any of them. Most web-based versions are part of a webmail suite. The nicest one I've seen so far is the sieverules plugin for Roundcube. Then there is horde/ingo, which wasn't that fancy last time I looked. There is also squirrelmail/avelsieve, which is a bit ugly in a technical point of view, but it works quite well. There are older ones like smartsieve and websieve, but those are not maintained anymore and not compatible with Dovecot without patching them.

I'm hoping that someone writes a proper (native) PHP module for Sieve parsing in the near future. This is something that is currently barely done by web interfaces, with the effect that only one Sieve client can be used at the same time, because competitive clients will overwrite/mangle scripts of others, instead of trying to parse and adjust them. In fact, the only client I know (including the desktop ones) that somewhat parses the script on the server is the sieverules plugin for Roundcube.Therefore such a PHP module solves only part of the problem: web interfaces. Normal mail clients like Thunderbird, Outlook and Evolution don't have (proper) support for Sieve either, let alone script parsing functionality with a user-friendly GUI :/

Perhaps we should make a list of the available clients on the wiki somewhere with some information on how well these work with Dovecot.

There is a short list at http://sieve.info/clients.

Regards,

Stephan.
It is not a standalone frontend but the vacation management portion of SOGo (http://sogo.nu/english.html) works well in our tests.